Montag, 20. Mai 2013

Sailor Girl Playsuit: The blouse

Today I'm gonna show you the first piece from the Wearing History pattern #4001 "Sailor Girl Playsuit".

Heute zeige ich euch das erste Teil aus dem Schnittmusterpaket von Wearing History pattern, #4001 "Sailor Girl Playsuit".

Originally I planned this for Rochelle's "Sew for Victory" (a forties fashion Sew-along). But sadly I had to quit the Sew-Along before I even started :(
But better late then never I started it it a few weeks ago.

Ursprünglich hatte ich das Outfit für Rochelle's "Sew for Victory" (ein 40er Jahre Sew-along) geplant. Leider musste ich dann aussteigen, bevor ich richtig angefangen hatte :( 
Aber besser spät, als nie. Vor ein paar Wochen konnte ich endlich damit beginnen. 

The first piece I'm showing you is the blouse. The pattern contains also a 40s shorts and a skirt. The blouse also can be made with long sleeves.
 
Als erstes zeige ich euch die Bluse. Das Set beinhaltet außerdem Schnitte für eine 40er Jahre Shorts und einen Rock. Die Bluse kann zudem mit langen Ärmeln genäht werden.

 
Pattern: Wearing History #4001
Adjustments: Lenghtened the bodice, small bust adjustment, taking out a bit width at the sleeve hem
Good pattern? Yes, Nice pattern on very sturdy paper in a plastic bag, good instructions and information on vintage patterns
Beginner-friendly? I would recommend it to an intermediate seamstress.
fabric: cotton, self-dyed, silk organza for front facing


Schnitt: Wearing History #4001
Anpassungen: Oberteil verlängern, Oberweite verringern, etwas Ärmelweite am Saum rausgenommen
Guter Schnitt? Ja, kommt auf festem Papier in einer Plastiktüte, gute Beschreibungen und Infos rund um Vintage-schnitte.
Anfänger-freundlich? Man sollte schon fortgeschrittene Nähkenntnisse besitzen.
Stoff: Baumwolle, selbst gefärbt, Seidenorganza für den vorderen Beleg



 

Yours
Mel

3 Kommentare:

Lizzy hat gesagt…

Very pretty blouse! I would like to sew one too, when will you post about the shorts? I would like to see them, I really want to sew some 40's style shorts or trousers.

Fräulein Jabberwocky hat gesagt…

Ui!
Passt toll zu deinem Styling - echt richtig schön geworden (:

Melli hat gesagt…

Thank you both :)

@Lizzy: I'm currently working at the skirt and then I will go on woth the shorts :) I did bound buttonholes on the skirt, so it took its time ;) Never made so many of them before.