Dienstag, 15. Juli 2014

New place, new projects

Dear readers,

I didn't have much time during the past weeks because I moved to a new home. On the last weekend I was able to unpack my machines. Although my new sewing corner is still in development, it is nice to see some time for new projects coming soon. Until then I'd like to share some of the upcoming projects with you:


  • a classic mens shirt: I'd like to broaden my horizon and try to make some mens wear. Yesterday I assembled this pattern by burdastyle.de. Fabric is ordered.
  • jersey dresses: I need some simple jersey dresses. Although I like my fancy 50s dresses, sometimes I just want to wear something simple. I really like to wear them for work. I have the beautiful Moneta pattern by Colette Patterns and the cute Coco pattern by Tilly printed and ready for assembling. Need to shop the fabrics for them.
  • Not an actual project, but a new book: Fit for Real people was on my wishlist for a very long time now. Because I want to get better with adjustments made directly to the pattern I decided that it is time to order it now. When I start a new project with a new pattern, I always make a muslin. And that's okay, but I'd like to learn faster techniques for fitting. The book is highly recommended by a lot of people, I'm really looking forward to its arrival.
What have you planned for the second half of 2014?


Yours, Melanie

Keine Kommentare: