Donnerstag, 12. September 2013

fall for cotton: shirtwaist dress in progress

 Dear Readers,

As I mentioned before there's a sew along going on, hosted by Tasha of bygumbygolly.com and Rochelle of luckylucille.com. I really like these two blogs and bloggers, so I had to take part. 

As I wasn't really busy sewing during the real hot summer months, I saw this a s a chance to get back to my usual sewing addiction.

First I thought about making a blouse from a vintage pattern, but I don't have one. I order most of my patterns from overseas and they wouldn't have made it to me untill September 1st, I switched my plans to the shirtwaist dress from Gertie's new book for better sewing.

Well, what happend so far?


made a muslin and adjusted the shoulders


 fabric cutting & facing preparations


made the shirring in the back


searched for buttons in my stash - it's not easy to find eight matching buttons there ;)


luckily I found exact eight of these light grey buttons


made a sample bound buttonhole to remind me how this works, without these pleats in the corners


spend some hours making these buttonholes


got some help ;)


and some more help...


and ended up with a dress looking something :)

You can follow the sew along here or even take part, you have 18 days to make someting nice :)


P.S.: As you may have noticed, I switched my blog completely to English. It is easier for me, to focus on one language. Also the most of the blogs I follow are located in some English speaking areas. That doesn't mean, that I have become a perfect English Writer, but I think writing this blog helps me to get better :)







2 Kommentare:

Tabet hat gesagt…

Great work! The dress looks lovely. :)
Kisses
Tabea

http://wolkedrei.blogspot.de/

Chuleenan hat gesagt…

Congratulations on finishing your dress! It looks great. I like the shirring detail.