Sonntag, 27. Oktober 2013

Fall for Cotton wrap up

Fall for cotton is done, all the beautifull projects have been assembled to a wonderfull video, which can be seen at luckylucille.com

So the presentation of my fall for cotton project is past due. To see how I started, please take a look here.

I'm really happy with how it turned out and will be making it again for sure. I like alle the amazing details, like the shirring in the back. This makes it very comfortable. It also has pockets, which is very useful. I made bound buttonholes again on this dress and I'm getting better and better. I nearly like them more than normal buttonholes, I think they're just so pretty.

The dress was made of a nice cotton flower print and my buttons are vintage from my stash.

So, here we go, my finished shirtwaist dress from Gertie's new book for better sewing.









Zoey likes the dress, too. 


What's next?

I'm finally in the preparations for the starlet suit jacket, the second craftsy course by Gertie. Also I cut a muslin for a beautiful 40s style pants, which will be made from corduroy.



5 Kommentare:

Mode Chocolat hat gesagt…

This little purple dress is great. She'll look great! Congratulations and buttons are pafait more!

Cherie hat gesagt…

Oooh! I like yours better than mine. :) I like the purple!

Cherie hat gesagt…

That is so great! I like it better than my version!

Melli hat gesagt…

Thanks a lot :) i always like to see many versions of one dress, thats one of the amazing things about sewing - one pattern can look so different :)

Chuleenan of C Sews hat gesagt…

Great job on the dress! I made a blouse for my Fall for Cotton project.